I am so happy to have received this award from Melody at the Deliberate Receiving Blog. Please go check out her amazing and thought provoking blog about the Law of Attraction. She is teaching me how to manifest more in my life. (More to come in an upcoming blog post.)
The Rules of the award are:
• All recipients need to thank the giver.
• Post 7 things about yourself.
• Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
• Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
1. When I was young my favorite game to play was Gypsy. I had a large closet that became my gypsy caravan a la Toad in “Wind in the Willows”. Fast forward 40 years and I’m still playing Gypsy going to all the wonderful places I dreamed of as a child. Life just doesn’t seem right if we don’t have a trip being planned.
2. I am a student of life. I love information! I read the encyclopedia when I was growing up. Yes, really!! Google is a dream come true for me. I’m always learning something from new recipes, to new types of plants, blogging, photography and writing. Thanks to my computer, I’m never bored.
3. I’m a foodie and I love to cook. I’m the one planning for dinner as I finish breakfast. I might eat lightly (occasionally) but I’ll never be on a diet! I love to pick the perfect wine to go with our dinner, too. By the way, I found a great website this summer… skinnytaste.com. I’ve been making this Grilled asparagus-prociutto paninis with garlic manyonaise all summer. Yum!
4. I love to read good books. Reading is like meditation to me. It clears my head. And really good writing is a pleasure. This summer I’ve read so many good books. Check them out on my pinterest page!
5. I am fascinated by flowers and vegetables. My tomatoes should be turning red soon and I have peppers for green chile, squash, purple beans and potatoes.
6. I am creative. There I said it. I never thought I was until recently my middle son pointed it out to me. He told me that photography is my creative outlet. Then I thought about creating writing, creating beautiful food and my love of art at museums. He is right. I am creative. (there I said it again!)
7. I love to have great conversations over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Many of my blog posts start as a conversation. And I love having all of you as part of that conversation. I hope you’ll comment often.
But, enough about me. It’s time to introduce you to some of incredible bloggers I know. I’d like to say that I apologize to anyone left out. I read a lot of blogs and have made many blogging friends. I chose some blogs that I thought Zen Mama readers would love:
And of the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award go to:
Cathy from Treatment Talk - Cathy is doing important work here for parents and others who need a place to share and get support for addiction, recovery and treatment.
Fran Sorin from Awake Create – Fran encourages us to awake and become our creative selves!
Lisa from Getting To Zen – I’ve just rediscovered Lisa’s blog. If you are interested in Zen and parenting, I think you’ll like this one, too. I like her tagline: Personal Growth through action.
Missy from Literal Mom – Missy is a very honest writer about parenthood and her type A personality. I always write the best comments at Missy’s site because her posts inspire me to look within at my own parenting.
Paige from Simple Mindfulness - She writes about mindfulness and taking simple steps towards a happier life. Paige and I always seem to be on the same page! I will read a post and think, “Oh No! I just wrote something about that. I’ll have to wait to post it!” She is a fellow Coloradan and we hope to meet soon.
Sheila from Zensational Living – Sheila has been my blogging buddy from the very start. She always has the answer to all my blogging questions. Plus, she has a very inspirational facebook page. Click here to see it and like it!
Vidya Sury from Going A Musing – Vidya brings her life in India alive. I looks forward to the pictures she posts each Sunday about her town and her travels through India. I keep telling her I’m going to visit someday. She is also a fellow positive thinker. We’re hoping to do a fun project together in the near future.
Now it’s your turn. I’ve told you 7 things about me. Why don’t you tell me one or two things about yourself that I don’t know? Just put it in the comment line below!