Be Inspired by Two Inspirational Videos

Walt Whitman Photo Credit: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/walt-whitman

Walt Whitman
Photo Credit:

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
~ Walt Whitman

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
~ Jane Goodall

We all need inspiration. When you’re uninspired, life can be depressing and a little blasé.

When you’re inspired, anything is possible. When you’re inspired, you are in flow. You don’t just need inspiration if you’re in a creative job, it’s a necessity. But no matter what our job, whether it’s creative or not, we all work and live better on the days when the cares of the world drop off and we’re in sync with life.

One of the best ways I’m inspired is by inspirational and motivational quotes and movies. I’ve shared many movies and quotes with you over the years.

Yesterday I got inspiration in two places. Both are ads (yes I’m a big one for being inspired and crying over ads).

1. First, I wanted to share this Thai video. It’s an ad from Thailand. Please read the subtitles. And note, baht is the Thai money. You may want to watch it twice.

And the inspiration: Do a kindness without thought that it will come full circle! But maybe it will…

2. This is an iPad Air ad. And while I’m an avid apple fan, this ad is meant to inspire you to share your creativity. The question asked is what will be your verse? The narration comes from verbatim from Robin Williams and Dead Poets Society. Also you can click here and go see the real stories about what people are doing with their iPads. This also inspired me!

The inspiration: Be creative; you can do anything. You, too, must contribute a verse!

I must add the video of Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society and the verse by Walt Whitman from O Me! O Life! that inspired the iPad ad.

BY WALT WHITMAN
Oh me! Oh life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,
What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

I hope these short videos inspire you, too! Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Read more about finding your inner muse and inspiration by clicking here.

Like what you’ve read or want the the Zen Mama’s Blog delivered to your email? I promise your email won’t be shared. Subscribe here:

This entry was posted in Inspirational Movie Monday, Kindness, Positve Thought and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Be Inspired by Two Inspirational Videos

I love so many parts of Dead Poets Society, Betsy!

Thanks for sharing these videos. I big on watching ads too and freely offer my opinion. Sadly, very few are appealing these days! :)

Love, Vidya

Isn’t it just the best movie! We recently watched it again with Oliver and had forgotten what a wonderful show it is.

That first video is beautiful. Made me cry. When I see/hear of inspiring stories like that it is such a wonderful feeling!

I love it, too! It gave me the best feeling, too. It inspired me to continue to do Random Acts of Kindness. No Act too small!

3. I often read your posts via email and just had to stop by and say thanks Betsy, I truly needed the inspiration today.

Linda,
    Thanks so much for the comment! You never know when a post has meant something to someone!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend!

4. Simply awesome! I loved them!

Jodi,
    So glad you enjoyed!!
    Happy weekend!

5. Uncle Johnny says:

I Love This……this is one of my favorites.

Love the Walt Whitman quote!

Thanks Uncle Johnny! Isn’t Walt Whitman the best! I think you have a book of his poetry on your new bookshelves!

6. Elle says:

Wonderfully inspiring Betsy. Loved that first vid and Dead Poets Society, well, now I want to watch it again.

So glad you enjoyed Elle. We recently watched the Dead Poets Society again and loved it even more than the first time!
    Thanks for the comment!

7. Melissa says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE That first video! I’ve seen it before and every time I watch it it brings tears to my eyes and makes me want to charge out and start helping more people! That is what life’s about. Helping one another, being supportive, being generous and loving.

Thanks so much for lifting me up today!
    BTW the other videos where awesome as well!!
    xx

Melissa,
    So glad you enjoyed the videos! It’s the way I lift myself up when I’m a little down. Yes, the first one is really powerful! I couldn’t agree more about that’s why we’re here… to help one another!
    Thanks for your thoughtful comment!

8. I love these videos, Betsy. The first one was powerful with the message of how giving spreads and the importance of helping others and making a mark in the world. Loved them all! Thanks for putting this together.

So glad you enjoyed Cathy!! The first one is my favorite! I’ve watched it a lot and still have the same reaction every time.
    Thanks for the comment!

Those videos were inspiring, indeed. More than making want to go out and buy and iPad, it makes me want to be more creative. (…and maybe wish I could Sumo wrestle.)

Thanks for the inspiration // Aloha!

Robb

10. Suzie Cheel says:

What would me verse be:
    Be open to the love
    That is within you
    That surrounds you
    And comes from your heart

thanks Betsy those words just came after listening
    Ps your comment luv is not working again?

11. Thank you for sharing these, Betsy. Everyone of them is so inspiring!

12. Jordan says:

Awesome videos! Thank you for sharing.

Happy new year, Betsy! And thank you for the positive inspiration!

I took a whole class on Walt Whitman my senior year in college… and, sadly, I don’t remember a lot. Guess it was all of that beer I was drinking back then, or maybe there’ve been too many years in between…. Thanks for bringing him back!

xoxo, Jenny

14. Wow! The first video…had to grab a kleenex. This post is just amazing, Betsy. Amazing.

Isn’t the first amazing!
    It makes you realize that you never know how your actions can affect others, even way into the future!

15. Liara Covert says:

Mama Zen, love how this post invites living spontaneously and listening to the heart. Kindness and compassion are true nature. Being true to the heart is living authentically, doing what feels right, what comes naturally. Be kind to all equally without judgement. To see things as they really are is to see a mirror of who you are in all you encounter.