“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.”
One of the things I’d like to be more adept in 2014 at is “Manisfesting” what I want into my life. What exactly is manifesting? And why aren’t we all doing it??
We are always manifesting. The mind is our most powerful tool. Each thought we have creates an energy which leads us in the direction of that thought. If you think you can’t, well then you can’t. If you think that you’re able, you can. I truly believe it’s all in how you think.
When I first heard about manifesting, while reading a Wayne Dyer book, I thought to myself, “This is crazy. It’s like magic.” Now that I do manifest I think, “This is crazy! Is is magic!” I’m still amazed that it works. Here are a few examples:
• The first time I tried it, I said to the universe, “We need a new double bed for our guest room.” Within a few days, my fellow teacher said to me, “Do you know anyone who needs a double bed?” Her mother had just died and they were getting rid of a brand new bed from the guest room. We still have that bed in our guest room.
• Last year, our van died. We couldn’t decide what kind of car to get. After a lot of research and indecision, we were frustrated and finished with looking. So, I said to the universe, “By this weekend we will know what car we want.” Sure enough, a friend called and asked if we knew anyone interested in a used car he was trying to sell for a client. It’s in our garage right now.
• 6 months ago we sold our home and found the perfect one all within a few weeks. The result of the sale/purchase seemed to happen quickly but we’d been manifesting for a while. (This will be my example later on.)
Now, thanks again to Wayne Dyer’s newest book, Wishes Fulfilled, I am trying out “I am” statements. In fact I like them so much that my newest book, ZEN TIPS, has one on every page. Dyer read a book by Neville Goddard called The Power Of Awareness and decided to write Wishes Fulfilled to put Neville’s book into layman terms for everyone to understand.
“I am” affirmations are powerful. “I am” is a positive visualization. Say the affirmation even if it’s the opposite of what you’re thinking. The visualization enters your consciousness and then your subconscious takes charge and transforms you. Your brain believes whatever you tell it! Last year I was having headaches. So, I tried the affirmations and said, “I am headache free” as if it had already happened. The headaches ended almost immediately. Try one of these or make up one of your own:
I am calm.
I am success.
I am prosperity.
I am abundance.
I am stress free.
I am debt free.
I am organized.
I am healthy.
I am filled with energy.
I am living my dream.
You will notice a shift in feelings as you say an “I am” statement.
How does one do it? After listening to Wishes Fulfilled and reading many other books and articles on the subject here is what Dyer and others suggest:
1. I believe that to create an abundance mindset you have to a positive attitude and an attitude of gratitude. Tell yourself: I am worthy. Nothing is lacking. Have nothing but the best in mind. Have gratitude for all things, good and bad, that have been in your life. Have good thoughts…No revenge. No bad wishes towards others or yourself.
*I had fears of selling our house and leaving our neighborhood. I acknowledged those fears and thanked the house for 16 wonderful years. I knew that nothing was lacking in my life and I’d have even more time and abundance in my next house.*
2. Use your imagination. All things in life first started as someone’s imagination. So you must first imagine it! What is it that I want? If you think you want to win the lottery well what is it that you really want from that? Security, worry free lifestyle? Are you imaging a trip like I often do? Remind yourself that all things are possible.
*We imagined an easier home that had very little financial worries. One that would be great for future empty nesters but that our kids would still love. I needed a little space for a garden, too! We wanted a house in our community.*
3. Imagine the end. I love this! How will life be when this has happened? What will it feel like. “Assume the feeling” Neville Goddard writes. Fake it ’til you make it.
*That was easy for us! We’d thought a lot about the future home. I could imagine the end result; a feeling of relief, joy and contentment. It would be a gathering place for friends, family and our children’s friends*
4. Make the I AM statement. Don’t make it, “I am going to…”, just “I am..” Say it to yourself as if it’s already happened. Live like it’s your reality.
*After we contacted our neighborhood realtors, we said, “I am moving to the perfect new house” and the wheels of the universe were set in motion.*
5. Now let go… of a timeline, let go of worry and anxiety. Repeat your “I am” statement. Remind yourself that everything is happening as it should.
*We let go of a timeline. We didn’t even have a place picked out. Although I sometimes felt anxious, I just knew that everything was happening as it should.*
6. During those last 5 minutes just before you go to sleep, have positive “I Am” thoughts that will enter your subconscious. Let the good thoughts be the ones you fall asleep with, not the thoughts of what went wrong today.
*The result of our house experience is that our house sold the day after it went on the market. We put letters into mailboxes of houses we wanted in several neighborhoods. One person got back to us and we’re living in that house right now! We feel very lucky – like we won the house lottery!*
So when trying to get what you want out of life, don’t let your thoughts get the best of you. Instead, get the best from your thoughts! Just try this manifesting technique on something small and see what happens. Let me know what comes of it.
What are your manifesting experiences? Please let me know below in the comments!!
A few more quotes from Neville Goddard and Wayne Dyer:
“Disregard appearances, conditions, in fact all evidence of your senses that deny the fulfillment of your desire. Rest in the assumption that you are already what you want to be, for in that determined assumption you and your Infinite Being are merged in creative unity, and with your Infinite Being all things are possible.”
“An awakened imagination works with a purpose. It creates and conserves the desirable, and transforms or destroys the undesirable.”
― Neville Goddard
“Dare to believe in the reality of your assumption and watch the world play its part relative to its fulfillment.”
― Neville Goddard
“Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
PS I’m very proud and humbled to be part of this wonderful group!! Check out all the Top 100 2014 Self Improvement Blogs at the Start of Happiness Blog!
Like what you’ve read or want the the Zen Mama’s Blog delivered to your email? I promise your email won’t be shared. Subscribe here: