I Vow To Eat Stinky Cheese (And More) in 2015!

Seize The Day!

Seize The Day!

I love taking New Year’s Eve as a time to reflect upon the past year and look forward to the future! This year is no different.

In 2010 – I challenged myself to leave my Comfort Zone and try new things.

In 2011 – I vowed to be as Positive as much as possible.

In 2012 – I wanted to find balance from my busy life and I did in a trip to Thailand.

In 2013 – I welcomed some new habits and I called my post Carpe Annum rather than Carpe Diem… I wanted to Seize the Year!

In 2015, I had a little list started of more serious resolutions I wanted to practice and was preparing this post when I saw a friend’s Facebook status. She is traveling through Italy and wrote this:

“With my stage 4 Breast cancer experience, I have learned life is just too damned short for all the life there is to live! Carpe diem!”

Now on this last day of 2014 I have realized what I want to do! I want to laugh a lot. I want to play and do all the things I haven’t done! I’m going to start drawing. Practice up on my rusty French. I’m going to write children’s stories. I’m going to cook all the foods I think I can’t. I’m going to bring abundance into my life. I want to see the wonder in life. To feel satisfaction that it doesn’t get much better than this. Oh and drink coffee, a little wine, eat fresh bread with butter and lots of delicious stinky, French cheese!

I vow to taste as much French stinky cheese as possible!

I vow to taste as much French stinky cheese as possible!

One of my first drawings!

One of my first drawings!

I vow to see wonder in life, just like kids.

I vow to see wonder in life, just like kids.

And most of all I will feel great gratitude for this wondrous life and all the people in it all year long!

Happy New Year!
Let’s make it the best ever.
Betsy/Zen Mama

β€œDon’t worry about what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
~Howard Thurman

Post Popularity 22.22%
Popularity Breakdown
Comments 22.22%

This entry was posted in Finding Ourselves, Gardening, Holidays, Positve Thought and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to I Vow To Eat Stinky Cheese (And More) in 2015!

I seriously want that penguin drawing. How much? I collect penguin drawings. Dead serious. I’m doing a Southwest quest. Visiting every city Southwest flies into. Over 90 in
    5 different countries! I’m at 8 and I’m heading to Florida in January. Will get to at least 3-4! Please pass the cheese! Happy 2015! x

I think I can hook you up with a little Penguin drawing… but you have to fly here to pick it up. Oh, and I’ll have cheese waiting, too!
    Happy New Year!!

2. Megan says:

Happy New Year! I for one am looking forward to 2015 and what it has to offer for me and my family. When we lived back east we would frequent a fabulous family run cheese shop in Wellesley, MA, Wasik’s http://www.wasiks.com/. The best cheeses and friendliest people around. The father passed away a couple years ago at a very young age right before the busy holiday season and through their grief, they kept serving their neighbors and customers. I bet they could hook you up with some great cheeses or recommendations.

Thanks Megan! That looks like a great cheese shop! My favorite cheese shop is C’est Cheese in Santa Barbara. Don’t you think we need one here in Littleton? That will be my next career! Glad to have reconnected this year!
    Cheers and Happy New Year!

3. Love these ideas, Betsy, especially the stinky cheese one. Great that you set an intention for each year! All the best to you in 2015!

Happy New Year Cathy!
    Looking forward to many more of your inspiring posts!
    Cheers!

Dear Betsy-
    I think setting goals of laughing and playing a lot is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself.
    We live in a world that focuses on productivity–which often leads individuals feeling exhausted with little energy to fill their soul with spiritual nutrition. Often what people don’t understand is that although those of us who love to play do so for the sake of play itself, the benefits (as in laughter) are enormous. It is one of the major characteristics of am emotionally adept and creative individual.
    As always, your posts inspire with the result being that I begin my day with a bit more ‘pep in my step’ because of your words. Wishing you a magical 2015. xo-Fran

P.S. Duolingo.com is a great free on line language site. Talk about making language fun to learn. It is totally interactive!

Fran,
    Love what you had to say about the culture focuses on productivity. It’s so true. Play is a great place for learning and redirecting and not experiencing stress. Glad you got a little more “pep in your step” today at the blog. I check out duoingo by the way… great site!
    Cheers and Happy New Year!

5. Melissa says:

Ohhhh I’m so feeling you girl! You’ve nailed it. Life’s meant to enjoy right?

Thanks Melissa! It certainly is!!
    Happy New Year and thanks for commenting!
    Cheers!

6. Rebecca says:

Wow – I’ve been so unsatisfied with my goals for this year – all good and practical, but dull, dull, dull… You’re post really helped me to realize how uninspired I am about those goals. When I read your post, a huge smile spread across my space and I thought how awesome it is. I’m now rethinking some of my goals and trying to make the more prosaic goals that I do want to keep more fun. Then, I’m going to add some major fun and laughter into my life! Thanks for the inspiration and may your days be filled with laughter and joy!

Hi Rebecca,
    So glad you enjoyed the post! As you can see I was going through the same thing until I read my friend’s posting on Facebook. You’ll have to keep me updated on your success with fun and laughter!! πŸ™‚
    Cheers! I’m so glad you commented and uplifted our positive community!

πŸ™‚ I love your journey through your “resolutions” over the past years and your intentions for this year, Betsy!

Love to you and a very Happy New Year to you!

Happiest New Year to you Vidya! It is a journey and when I read my past resolutions, it felt like a type of diary of optimism and what I wanted to do with my life.
    Cheers and I always love when you stop by!!

8. nabanita says:

I love what you want to do this year and the fact that every year you decide something and try to act on it… I have lots of plans, some work out some don’t…This year I have some things that I really want to accomplish…Only thing is I have to stop being lazy!

Nabanita,
    Thank you so much for your thoughts. I agree that lots of plans work and some don’t. Just start and the rest will follow as it’s supposed to!
    I’m so glad you stopped by to comment!
    Cheers!