I cannot believe how easy this breakfast is and how delicious! I am not a fan of pancakes because I just feel too full after eating them. But no this one. I found the recipe on Food Matters TV. Your kids will love them! They’re loaded with protein. They’re quite filling! And only 33 calories minus plus any butter or jam you add. This breakfast has the best of both worlds: they’re tasty and nutritious. It’s idea for your picky eaters.
1 banana, peeled, coarsely chopped
Coconut oil or butter (I used butter)
Butter with Jam
Pinch of cinnamon
Handful of fresh strawberries
2 tbsp natural yogurt (coconut or organic dairy)
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl, add the banana and mash together to form a batter. Now I had to try this twice because I had the great idea to put it my blender and that pancake just didn’t work. You want it to be lumpy with the bananas.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil (I used avocado oil) in a frying pan and pour in the batter to create a small pancake, or, if you are using a large frying pan, you can create two small pancakes with that amount of batter in one pan. I found it best to make two medium sized pancakes separately.
3. Let the pancake cook through before flipping it. After flipping it, let the other side cook through.
4. Serve with fresh strawberries and yogurt, cinnamon, butter, pure maple syrup, nut butter, seed sprinkle, raw honey or your desired toppings. I used butter and some homemade lavender apricot jelly (from my niece) and a few cranberries and pepita seeds. Yum!!
5. Listen to Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” while you cook and eat!
Let me know below in the comments section how you like them!