15 Quotes by Louise Hay In Remembrance of a Life Well Lived

Louise Hay died recently at age 90. She was an American author, positive thinker and one of the founders of the self help movement in the United States. She left an abusive home and life, healed herself of cervical cancel and remained positive throughout it all. She eventually founded Hay House Publishing enabling like minded authors an venue for their amazing thoughts and ideas. Two of my favorites authors published by Hay House are Wayne Dyer and Dr. Christiane Northrup.

Louise Hay’s many books are many filled with positive affirmations. She even made a movie called You Can Heal Your Life: The Movie. (Read more about Louise Hay life on her website here.) I’m reading her book, YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE right now. (See the cover below!)

Here are a few of her inspiring quotes that I love and I hope will inspire you, too!

“I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.”

“Every thought we think is creating our future.”

“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”

“I have noticed that the Universe loves Gratitude. The more Grateful you are, the more goodies you get”

“I am willing to release the need to be unworthy. I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it”

“You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we’re not. We always have the power of our minds…Claim and consciously use your power.”

“Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”

“Life is really very simple. What we give out we get back.”

“I say “Out” to every negative thought that comes to my mind. No person, place, or thing has any power over me, for I am the only thinker in my mind. I create my own reality and everyone in it.”

“I do not fix problems. I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.”

“I will not be distracted by noise, chatter, or setbacks. Patience, commitment, grace, and purpose will guide me.”

“Think thoughts that make you happy. Do things that make you feel good. Be with people who make you feel good. Eat things that make your body feel good. Go at a pace that makes you feel good.”

“Each day is a new opportunity. I chose to make this day a great one.”

“As I say YES to life and life says YES to me.”

“Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older.”

Goodbye Louise! You will be missed! Your words will live on and continue to inspire many.

I am giving away a copy of You Can Heal Your Life to give out to a reader. Please leave a comment below telling me which quote you like best and why and I’ll enter your name for the drawing!

Want more of Louise Hay? Watch this interview.

This entry was posted in Book Review, Positve Thought, Quotes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 15 Quotes by Louise Hay In Remembrance of a Life Well Lived

1. Tricia says:

An inspiring way to start the day! Her video invites me into being even more aware of my words and thoughts!

Thank you Tricia! So glad you enjoyed the video! I sometimes like to have it on to just hear her voice and inspiration while I do dishes or a chore. Thanks for commenting! <3

2. Nadège says:

My mother recently lost her house in CA. Louis Hays quotes really embody my mom. Despite this tragedy she said “my heart is broken but my spirit is not.” Thank you for posting these jems, I will be forwarding them on!

Nadège, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. That is amazing that she is so strong and able to keep a positive attitude. I will be sending you my best thoughts. Thanks for being part of our positive community.
    xoxo Betsy

3. Cheryl Tabor says:

They are all great quotes. One that stands out is ” Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years……” I am very hard on myself, especially in a new job. I am almost afraid of approving of myself since there is so much that I do not know.

Cheryl,
    I hope reading her quotes and her book help you to start “approving of yourself and see what happens.”
    Thanks for commenting and being part of our positive community!!
    Betsy

4. Samantha Briley says:

My favorite quote would have to be “I am willing to release the need to be unworthy. I am worthy of the very best in life, and I now lovingly allow myself to accept it.” I need to tape this one to my mirror. Ever since I’ve been a mom/wife, I’ve felt guilty about taking time for myself and doing things for myself. It’s something I’ve been trying to work on lately.

Samantha,
    I love that one, too. I completely understand that guilt but a happy mama makes the whole family happy. Take some time out for yourself. I, too, am starting to tape little messages like on to my mirror. It can change your whole day!
    Thanks for commenting and being part of this positive community!!
    Betsy

5. What an amazing woman. Thanks for these quotes, Betsy. They are great reminders to help us all live the best life possible.

6. Elle Sommer says:

I so appreciate you sharing these quotes Betsy. Louise was an extraordinary human being and left behind a wonderful legacy. She will be sorely missed by many of us. 🙂

7. Love these. Thank you for compiling such an inspiring collection. 🙂

8. Sara says:

I am a big fan of Louise Hay.
    Her all quotes are really heart wrenching, inspirational, wise. I love her this quote so much:
    In the infinity of life where I
    am, all is perfect, whole,
    and complete.